Agarwood, also known as oud or aloeswood, has been highly valued in Qatar for centuries. The fragrant resinous wood is an important part of the country's cultural heritage and is used in a variety of ways.
Qatar is one of the major importers and traders of agarwood in the world, with a significant market for the wood in the country. Let's take a closer look at the import and sale statistics of agarwood in Qatar, as well as the import market for the wood.
According to the latest available data from the United Nations Comtrade database, Qatar imported $8.5 million worth of agarwood in 2019. This represents a significant increase from previous years, with the country importing only $2.2 million worth of agarwood in 2015.
The largest exporters of agarwood to Qatar in 2019 were Thailand, VietnamVietnam, and Cambodia. These countries accounted for the majority of Qatar's agarwood imports, with Thailand alone supplying over 60% of the total.
One of the primary uses of agarwood in Qatar is in the production of traditional attar perfumes. Attar is a type of perfume that is made from natural ingredients, including essential oils, resins, and other fragrant materials. Agarwood is a key component in many attar blends, and is valued for its rich, earthy aroma and long-lasting scent.
In addition to its use in perfumes and aromatherapy, agarwood is also used in religious practices in Qatar. The wood is believed to have spiritual properties and is often burned as incense during religious ceremonies and rituals.
Agarwood is also used in traditional medicine in Qatar. The wood is believed to have antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and analgesic properties, and is used to treat a variety of ailments, including respiratory problems, digestive issues, and skin conditions.
Another important use of agarwood in Qatar is in the production of luxury goods. Agarwood is used to make a variety of high-end products, including furniture, jewelry, and even car interiors. The wood is prized for its unique patterns and colors, as well as its fragrant properties.
However, due to the high demand for agarwood and its limited availability, the wood has become increasingly rare and expensive in recent years. As a result, efforts are being made to conserve and sustainably harvest agarwood in Qatar and other countries where the wood is found. The Qatari government has implemented regulations to control the harvesting and trade of agarwood, in order to ensure that the wood is harvested responsibly and sustainably.
The import market for agarwood in Qatar is highly competitive, with a number of suppliers from around the world vying for business. Thailand is currently the largest exporter of agarwood to Qatar, with India and Cambodia also holding significant market share. However, there is also a growing market for agarwood produced domestically in Qatar, with a number of small-scale producers working to meet demand for the wood.
Welcome to Binh Nghia Company
Binh Nghia Co., Ltd. is one of the leading agarwood production companies.
Now over decades of experience Binh Nghia Co., Ltd. has become one of the world's leading Oud producers.
Our products are 100% organic. Our factory is the largest in Vietnam for the production of agarwood. We specialize in this field for 40 years and the stability of raw materials for production is of good quality and quite competitive.
We are proud to be the leading manufacturer and supplier of Agarwood / Oud Oil, Chips, Incense, Resin, Sanai, Powder and Accessories. Our Agarwood has been on the worldwide market since the 1980s and we have brought much more Scent of Vietnam to every corner beyond the Middle East. It is our great honor to be part of your precious culture in every moment of life, and your precious health benefits as well.
• Entrepreneur Nguyen Van Binh, Chairman of Binh Nghia Agarwood Company holds the position of Vice President of Vietnam Agarwood Association
• Agarwood Chip Market Analysis, Status and Business Outlook 2023 to 2030
• The export situation of Agarwood in Vietnam
• Use of Agarwood in Islamic Culture
• Using Agarwood in Buddhist Culture
• The situation of using Agarwood in Kuwait
• The situation of using Agarwood in UAE
• The situation of importing and exporting Vietnamese agarwood to the Gulf countries
• The situation of importing and exporting Vietnamese agarwood to Saudi Arabia
• Overview of knowledge of agarwood (part 1)
• Plants of The time: Agarwood
• Agarwood facts and health benefits
• Agarwood in Ha Tinh – one of the best agarwood in Vietnam?
• Agarwood incense and things to know?
• One billion riyals, the volume of sales of the Oud market.
• Oud...a long tradition in the Middle East.
• Oud consumption volume in the Gulf
• With the finest types of oud.. This is how Eid is received in the Gulf
• Learn about the types of oud in the Gulf
• The easiest way to prepare incense at home
• Saudi scents: What are oud perfumes?
• Types of incense between natural and unnatural. How do you discover the difference?
• Incense entered the Arabian Peninsula
• The secret of incense and oud
• Oud... from the path of incense to the master of oriental perfumes
• Why is the oud used in the Gulf society?
• High quality Vietnamese Oud chips
• Oud and its impact on the perfume industry, especially in the Arabian Gulf
• Health Benefits Of Agarwood (Oud) Oil
• Feng Shui Agarwood attracts fortune and brings good luck to the family
• 6 ways to use pure Agarwood essential oil
• Agarwood - A fragrance created from heaven!
• Two rare compounds have been detected in agarwood essential oil by hydrolysis
• Agarwood pieces. Introduction and instructions on how to burn Agarwood pieces
• 100% pure Agarwood powder and how to steam it?
• How to distinguish Muhassan Oud from the Natural Oud at first sight
• The difference between a natural and Muhassan Oud
• Al-Maroki Oud: Learn what the Al-Maroki Oud is and its best types
• Where can I buy real Agarwood in Vietnam?
• How Vietnam agarwood affirms the No.1 position worldwide
• Agarwood Chips Incense High Oil Rare Agarwood from Oud Vietnam Natural Agarwood Grade A
• Wholesale Vietnamese agarwood chips
• Go to the forest to find Agarwood
• What is sinking Agarwood (Oud)? Why is the submerged Agarwood bracelet so valuable?
• Misunderstandings and not fully understood about Agarwood(Oud) oil pressed
• Difficult journey to find Tram Huong
• AGARWOOD CHIPS FROM OUD VIETNAM HIGH QUALITY
• Agarwood Crassna – The special aquilaria tree in Asia
• The difference of enjoying bass in 4 Asian countries
• Agarwood (Oud) Carving. Meaning of Using it?
• How to make a simple Agarwood (Oud) cone
• Agarwood (Oud) – An Aroma Made in Heaven!
• The following species of Agarwood produce Agarwood
• Is the best Agarwood (oud) of the world in Vietnam?
• Frequent misunderstanding about oud (agarwood)
• Difficult journey to find agarwood in forest
• Can humans create billions of dong worth of Ky Nam?
• How to buy high quality agarwood incense?
• Benefits of Agarwood oil (Oud oil)
• How to choose Agarwood bracelet that matches feng shui
• The use of Agarwood in health of life and feng-shui
• Burning Agarwood (oud): The effect and meaning of a custom
• Agarwood (OUD) is one of nature's treasures
• Why Agarwood is a present from Mother Nature?
• Why Agarwood Is So Expensive?
• What's compound in agarwood (oud) oil?
• Agarwood/Oud incense stick materials – from 1005 natural ingredients