What is agarwood? Characteristics, uses and distinguishing types of agarwood
Agarwood is known as a rare wood and is widely used in life. So why is agarwood so expensive? Characteristics to identify natural agarwood types? Which store is reputable to buy agarwood?… To answer these questions, let's find out more details with Binh Nghia in the article below.
I. What is Agarwood?
"In grief it turns into agarwood"
Agarwood is a wood part born from the wound inside the Aquilaria tree. Wounds form naturally: being chipped by ants, moths, or broken by storms. Or affected by humans: drill, chisel, or use microbial products to pump into the tree to create agarwood.
When injured, the tree will secrete a latex/resin to resist or heal the wound. Over decades, the oil layer around the wound absorbs the soil and penetrates the heartwood to create agarwood. Agarwood contains a very large amount of oil, has a bitter taste, a yellow-brown color like beeswax, and is warm and hot.
The volume of agarwood will depend on the number of years since the Do Bau tree was injured. That is, the older the number of years, the heavier the weight of the agarwood and the more fragrant the smell.
Characteristics of agarwood will contain a very large amount of oil, bitter taste, yellow-brown color like beeswax, warm and hot. Unlike other common woods, agarwood has a characteristic mild fragrance. When burned, agarwood creates a cool, natural scent that is extremely pleasant.
However, not all Do Bau trees have Agarwood, maybe even 1000 trees have 1 Agarwood tree. So there are hundred-year-old wind trees, if they don't create agarwood, it's nothing. The value is not in the growing age of the do tree, but in the age of the sediments - calculated from the time when the tree started to be infected.
II. Where does the agarwood tree live? Distribution range?
For the injured and sedimentary trees, it can be called agarwood, the outside is gray with white spots, the tree is tall, the leaves are long, the wood inside is mostly white and the inside contains a few places. black plastic layer, also known as agarwood.
Agarwood trees commonly live in Asia in tropical rainforests. Agarwood trees are usually 6 - 20 m tall, leaves are 5 - 11 cm long, 2 - 4 cm wide, flowers are yellow-green, the fruit of the tree is 2.5-3 cm long.
In Vietnam, agarwood is scatteredly distributed in tropical jungles with hot and humid climate, primeval forests in the mountainous provinces of the Central and Central Highlands such as Tuyen Quang, Thanh Hoa, Nghe An, and Ha Tinh. from Quang Binh, Quang Tri, Thua Thien Hue, Quang Nam, Da Nang, Quang Ngai, Binh Dinh, Ninh Thuan, Binh Thuan, to the Central Highlands, An Giang, Kien Giang and Phu Quoc island. In particular, Khanh Hoa is known as the land of agarwood, where the oldest agarwood areas live in our country
In the world, agarwood trees are distributed mainly in Asian countries, specifically Southeast Asia, in tropical forests. According to the Wikipedia page on agarwood, countries with suitable soil for Do Bau trees to live and create agarwood such as Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Laos, Malaysia, etc.
III. The process of making agarwood wood
The trees with agarwood often have many worms or insects, the trunk has many wounds caused by termites, bombs, natural disasters. According to folklore, the Perfume of Heaven is blown by the wind and hits the wound on the trunk of the tree with the sap that flows from the wound, tempered over time by special natural conditions such as wind, storm, and sunshine. , …, called the Spirit of Heaven and Earth.
IV. History of Agarwood in Vietnam
Since ancient times, agarwood has been considered a precious product. History has circulated that since the time of An Duong Vuong, agarwood has been known to be the favorite wood of kings. It is known that in Thuc Phan's time, agarwood was used to make medicines to treat digestive and cardiovascular diseases, etc. However, only kings and people close to the royal family could use it.
In the 10th century, King Dinh Tien Hoang also ordered people to store dragon robes in delicately sculpted wooden boxes with the aim of allowing the long robes to be fully marinated with the fragrance of agarwood. Because agarwood is known as an object that has the ability to replace air purification, exorcism and bring luck to the owner on the path of fame, career, peace and luck in life.
Until now, agarwood is still very popular and used a lot. Specifically, on the occasion of the new year, people often use frankincense to steam the house to remove bad luck and unclean air. In addition, agarwood is also used to make bracelets, agarwood jewelry, and incense sticks for people to use for the purpose of praying for peace, attracting talent, and protecting all things.
• Entrepreneur Nguyen Van Binh, Chairman of Binh Nghia Agarwood Company holds the position of Vice President of Vietnam Agarwood Association
• Agarwood Chip Market Analysis, Status and Business Outlook 2023 to 2030
• The export situation of Agarwood in Vietnam
• Use of Agarwood in Islamic Culture
• Using Agarwood in Buddhist Culture
• The situation of using Agarwood in Kuwait
• The situation of using Agarwood in Qatar
• The situation of using Agarwood in UAE
• The situation of importing and exporting Vietnamese agarwood to the Gulf countries
• The situation of importing and exporting Vietnamese agarwood to Saudi Arabia
• Plants of The time: Agarwood
• Agarwood facts and health benefits
• Agarwood in Ha Tinh – one of the best agarwood in Vietnam?
• Agarwood incense and things to know?
• One billion riyals, the volume of sales of the Oud market.
• Oud...a long tradition in the Middle East.
• Oud consumption volume in the Gulf
• With the finest types of oud.. This is how Eid is received in the Gulf
• Learn about the types of oud in the Gulf
• The easiest way to prepare incense at home
• Saudi scents: What are oud perfumes?
• Types of incense between natural and unnatural. How do you discover the difference?
• Incense entered the Arabian Peninsula
• The secret of incense and oud
• Oud... from the path of incense to the master of oriental perfumes
• Why is the oud used in the Gulf society?
• High quality Vietnamese Oud chips
• Oud and its impact on the perfume industry, especially in the Arabian Gulf
• Health Benefits Of Agarwood (Oud) Oil
• Feng Shui Agarwood attracts fortune and brings good luck to the family
• 6 ways to use pure Agarwood essential oil
• Agarwood - A fragrance created from heaven!
• Two rare compounds have been detected in agarwood essential oil by hydrolysis
• Agarwood pieces. Introduction and instructions on how to burn Agarwood pieces
• 100% pure Agarwood powder and how to steam it?
• How to distinguish Muhassan Oud from the Natural Oud at first sight
• The difference between a natural and Muhassan Oud
• Al-Maroki Oud: Learn what the Al-Maroki Oud is and its best types
• Where can I buy real Agarwood in Vietnam?
• How Vietnam agarwood affirms the No.1 position worldwide
• Agarwood Chips Incense High Oil Rare Agarwood from Oud Vietnam Natural Agarwood Grade A
• Wholesale Vietnamese agarwood chips
• Go to the forest to find Agarwood
• What is sinking Agarwood (Oud)? Why is the submerged Agarwood bracelet so valuable?
• Misunderstandings and not fully understood about Agarwood(Oud) oil pressed
• Difficult journey to find Tram Huong
• AGARWOOD CHIPS FROM OUD VIETNAM HIGH QUALITY
• Agarwood Crassna – The special aquilaria tree in Asia
• The difference of enjoying bass in 4 Asian countries
• Agarwood (Oud) Carving. Meaning of Using it?
• How to make a simple Agarwood (Oud) cone
• Agarwood (Oud) – An Aroma Made in Heaven!
• The following species of Agarwood produce Agarwood
• Is the best Agarwood (oud) of the world in Vietnam?
• Frequent misunderstanding about oud (agarwood)
• Difficult journey to find agarwood in forest
• Can humans create billions of dong worth of Ky Nam?
• How to buy high quality agarwood incense?
• Benefits of Agarwood oil (Oud oil)
• How to choose Agarwood bracelet that matches feng shui
• The use of Agarwood in health of life and feng-shui
• Burning Agarwood (oud): The effect and meaning of a custom
• Agarwood (OUD) is one of nature's treasures
• Why Agarwood is a present from Mother Nature?
• Why Agarwood Is So Expensive?
• What's compound in agarwood (oud) oil?
• Agarwood/Oud incense stick materials – from 1005 natural ingredients