Types of oud incense for the home.
Just as Gulf houses are concerned with the beauty of the scene, they are also concerned with almsgiving. One of the tools to provide comfort in homes is to purify the air with the distinctive scent of incense and the different types of incense of oud.
Which raises in the heart a lot of feelings and memories. Unlike the different types of oud incense that circulate in the incense burner for the guests, we must not forget the most famous oud incense that is lit on Friday of every week, to combine the beauty of the view with the pleasant aroma.
In general, incense is famous in many ancient oriental cultures, and it has a special place among the peoples of Southeast Asia, and the Arabian Peninsula in particular. It was known by the ancient Indian civilizations, and the Arabs were also famous for it.
And they used to bring it and sell it during the winter and summer trips since before the advent of Islam. Islam came and purified beauty and everything associated with it, especially good smells, including incense, of course.
And with the spread of incense in the local culture, and its transformation into a traditional way of life among people, care for it increased, and its types multiplied, and certainly it increased and spread more and more.. This article talks in some detail about the types of incense.
And how to choose the distinctive and preferred type of incense for you among the different types of incense in the local market, and what is imported from abroad.
We offer you, at Binh Nghia, a distinguished list of the best and finest types of oud and incense. Choose what you want, put it in the shopping cart, enter your data, confirm the order, and we will reach you wherever you are!
What incense ?
Incense is the fragrant air produced by the burning process of an ancient, fragrant wood, the agarwood. The word “incense” is also referred to as the fragrant woody powder that is ground and burned to extract the fragrant aroma.
Incense spreads all over the world, with different uses in every culture and in every people. For example, the Indian peoples use it to perfume the temples, while the peoples of the Arabian Peninsula use it extensively in councils, and sometimes the atmosphere of mosques is perfumed with it.
There are many other herbs and woods that are crushed and used as incense, like cyclamen for example. However, agarwood is the most popular type used as incense by most Arab and Asian peoples.
How to extract agarwood from agarwood tree
The agarwood tree is considered one of the most fragrant trees, and its trees are spread in the tropical rainforests of Southeast Asian countries, such as India, Indonesia, Cambodia, the Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam. The agarwood tree grows rapidly, but the ancient species are the best of all, and they are the ones from which the finest and most expensive types of agarwood are extracted.
To extract the best types of agarwood, the focus is on the old agarwood tree, which is between 50-150 years old or more. The fragrant agarwood is primarily formed by mold on the healthy tree.
This mold accumulates and spreads in parts of the tree, causing a change in its color, but this infection is characterized by a pleasant smell, especially when burned.
The agarwood tree is broken, then the focus is on purifying the affected parts from the uninfected parts of the wood, until the affected areas are completely separated, and purified with special metal tools characterized by extreme sharpness.
And at the hands of skilled workers who have the ability and skill to rid the oud (injury areas) of healthy wood, so that the oud becomes pure. The process is carried out with patience, forbearance, and high professionalism by skilled workers. The process of extracting agarwood is their whole life.
After making sure that the oud is completely cleaned from the wood, the cleaned piece is polished with a thin, blunt file, or special cloths, so that the oud piece becomes as beautiful as it can be, whether in terms of cleaning it from non-aromatic oud wood, or in terms of the splendor of shape and luster.
The final product in this way is the raw natural oud, which is considered one of the most luxurious and expensive types of oud incense in the world. As for the leftover wood and its sawdust, it is used to extract agarwood oil
Types of incense between natural and unnatural
The types of oud incense differ - as will be explained in this article later - but there are distinctive signs by which the natural oud wood is known and its quality, such as:
Colour: The darker the color of the oud wood, the more this indicates the quality and grandeur of the oud type. This does not mean that the light-colored species are also good, but the more the agarwood goes towards the black, the better it is.
Weight: You can do a water immersion test to ensure the quality of the type of oud. The heavy types that do not float on the surface of the water are considered the best and most quality of the other types that float on the surface of the water.
Fat: The hard types - very hard - from which the fat does not drip is considered the best quality among the types of oud, and therefore the opposite is true. The types from which fat can be extracted, and which are less in hardness, are considered to be of the lowest quality.
In spite of the aforementioned attributes, the least of the types presented in terms of qualities of quality, is certainly considered better than the unnatural types with which the scent of oud is imitated.
Due to the high price of natural agarwood, unnatural agarwood has spread, which is manufactured in Southeast Asian countries as well, especially Indonesia. Ordinary wood is dyed black through thermal furnaces and hot sand, then oud oil is poured over it so that it smells good if it is burned.
The unnatural oud is similar to the natural oud in terms of its heavy weight, dark color, and extreme hardness. But its quality is known from its scent, and from some other signs by which perfume experts in the Gulf know it.
How do you know the types of natural oud incense from the unnatural?
Through 3 main signs:
The smell of burning to the end: Watch the piece of oud until it burns to the end, and if it changes from the aromatic smell that was at the beginning, or moves to the smell of burning wood, then it is not normal.
The effect of smoke on your eyes: If you approach the smoke and feel burning or inflammation in your eyes, this is poorly made incense, or it is not natural.
Water cup test: Put a piece of incense in a cup of water, and if the color of the water turns yellow, this indicates that this stick is dyed, and therefore not natural.
Welcome to Binh Nghia Company.
Binh Nghia Co., Ltd. is one of the leading agarwood production companies.
Now over decades of experience Binh Nghia Co., Ltd. has become one of the world's leading Oud producers.
Our products are 100% organic. Our factory is the largest in Vietnam for the production of agarwood. We specialize in this field for 40 years and the stability of raw materials for production is of good quality and quite competitive.
We are proud to be the leading manufacturer and supplier of Agarwood / Oud Oil, Chips, Incense, Resin, Sanai, Powder and Accessories. Our Agarwood has been on the worldwide market since the 1980s and we have brought much more Scent of Vietnam to every corner beyond the Middle East. It is our great honor to be part of your precious culture in every moment of life, and your precious health benefits as well.
• Entrepreneur Nguyen Van Binh, Chairman of Binh Nghia Agarwood Company holds the position of Vice President of Vietnam Agarwood Association
• Agarwood Chip Market Analysis, Status and Business Outlook 2023 to 2030
• The export situation of Agarwood in Vietnam
• Use of Agarwood in Islamic Culture
• Using Agarwood in Buddhist Culture
• The situation of using Agarwood in Kuwait
• The situation of using Agarwood in Qatar
• The situation of using Agarwood in UAE
• The situation of importing and exporting Vietnamese agarwood to the Gulf countries
• The situation of importing and exporting Vietnamese agarwood to Saudi Arabia
• Overview of knowledge of agarwood (part 1)
• Plants of The time: Agarwood
• Agarwood facts and health benefits
• Agarwood in Ha Tinh – one of the best agarwood in Vietnam?
• Agarwood incense and things to know?
• One billion riyals, the volume of sales of the Oud market.
• Oud...a long tradition in the Middle East.
• Oud consumption volume in the Gulf
• With the finest types of oud.. This is how Eid is received in the Gulf
• Learn about the types of oud in the Gulf
• The easiest way to prepare incense at home
• Saudi scents: What are oud perfumes?
• Incense entered the Arabian Peninsula
• The secret of incense and oud
• Oud... from the path of incense to the master of oriental perfumes
• Why is the oud used in the Gulf society?
• High quality Vietnamese Oud chips
• Oud and its impact on the perfume industry, especially in the Arabian Gulf
• Health Benefits Of Agarwood (Oud) Oil
• Feng Shui Agarwood attracts fortune and brings good luck to the family
• 6 ways to use pure Agarwood essential oil
• Agarwood - A fragrance created from heaven!
• Two rare compounds have been detected in agarwood essential oil by hydrolysis
• Agarwood pieces. Introduction and instructions on how to burn Agarwood pieces
• 100% pure Agarwood powder and how to steam it?
• How to distinguish Muhassan Oud from the Natural Oud at first sight
• The difference between a natural and Muhassan Oud
• Al-Maroki Oud: Learn what the Al-Maroki Oud is and its best types
• Where can I buy real Agarwood in Vietnam?
• How Vietnam agarwood affirms the No.1 position worldwide
• Agarwood Chips Incense High Oil Rare Agarwood from Oud Vietnam Natural Agarwood Grade A
• Wholesale Vietnamese agarwood chips
• Go to the forest to find Agarwood
• What is sinking Agarwood (Oud)? Why is the submerged Agarwood bracelet so valuable?
• Misunderstandings and not fully understood about Agarwood(Oud) oil pressed
• Difficult journey to find Tram Huong
• AGARWOOD CHIPS FROM OUD VIETNAM HIGH QUALITY
• Agarwood Crassna – The special aquilaria tree in Asia
• The difference of enjoying bass in 4 Asian countries
• Agarwood (Oud) Carving. Meaning of Using it?
• How to make a simple Agarwood (Oud) cone
• Agarwood (Oud) – An Aroma Made in Heaven!
• The following species of Agarwood produce Agarwood
• Is the best Agarwood (oud) of the world in Vietnam?
• Frequent misunderstanding about oud (agarwood)
• Difficult journey to find agarwood in forest
• Can humans create billions of dong worth of Ky Nam?
• How to buy high quality agarwood incense?
• Benefits of Agarwood oil (Oud oil)
• How to choose Agarwood bracelet that matches feng shui
• The use of Agarwood in health of life and feng-shui
• Burning Agarwood (oud): The effect and meaning of a custom
• Agarwood (OUD) is one of nature's treasures
• Why Agarwood is a present from Mother Nature?
• Why Agarwood Is So Expensive?
• What's compound in agarwood (oud) oil?
• Agarwood/Oud incense stick materials – from 1005 natural ingredients