Two rare compounds Vetispirane (C15H28) and Guaiane sesquiterpenes in agarwood essential oil have medicinal uses and high economic value.
For the first time, the hydrolysis method used to identify agarwood essential oil compounds has been successfully applied by scientists from the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology and Nguyen Tat Thanh University and published in a scientific journal. MDPI's International School of Processes.
Scientists took samples of A. Crassna-like agarwood grown in three provinces of Bac Giang, Khanh Hoa and Phu Quoc (Kien Giang) to conduct hydrolysis. In the hydrolysis process, these samples of agarwood yielded the essential oil yield of 0.32%, respectively; 0.27% and 0.25% (w/w).
By gas chromatography coupled mass spectrometry (GC-MS) method, 44 volatile compounds were found in Agarwood essential oil.
In addition to the common compounds found in frankincense essential oil, they found small amounts of two rare compounds, Vetispirane and Guaiane sesquiterpenes.
Vetispirane is commonly found in diuretics, which help lower potassium in the blood. This compound was previously found only in agarwood trees in China.
Guaiane sesquiterpenes are compounds that have anti-fungal effects and inhibit cancer cells.
Before that, traditional methods such as pressing and extraction could only find groups of fatty acids and aromatics.
Two compounds Vetispirane and Guaiane sesquiterpenes in agarwood essential oil play an important role in contributing to the discovery of new drugs with high medical and economic value.
In addition, the verification of high concentrations of neopetasane (7.47–8.29%), dihydrokaranone (2.63–3.59%), β-agarofuran (3.04–6.18%) and agarospirol (2.98–3.42%) also opened the future. Agarwood essential oil will be used as a flavoring with high commercial value.
Agarwood is a rare wood species, but the process of preparing agarwood essential oil in Vietnam is still rudimentary, most of it is sold only in raw form, without processing, which loses its economic and medical value. agarwood. Therefore, scientists are studying the feasibility of the method in widespread application in local essential oil production sites.
Source: Newspaper Vnexpress.
• Entrepreneur Nguyen Van Binh, Chairman of Binh Nghia Agarwood Company holds the position of Vice President of Vietnam Agarwood Association
• Agarwood Chip Market Analysis, Status and Business Outlook 2023 to 2030
• The export situation of Agarwood in Vietnam
• Use of Agarwood in Islamic Culture
• Using Agarwood in Buddhist Culture
• The situation of using Agarwood in Kuwait
• The situation of using Agarwood in Qatar
• The situation of using Agarwood in UAE
• The situation of importing and exporting Vietnamese agarwood to the Gulf countries
• The situation of importing and exporting Vietnamese agarwood to Saudi Arabia
• Overview of knowledge of agarwood (part 1)
• Plants of The time: Agarwood
• Agarwood facts and health benefits
• Agarwood in Ha Tinh – one of the best agarwood in Vietnam?
• Agarwood incense and things to know?
• One billion riyals, the volume of sales of the Oud market.
• Oud...a long tradition in the Middle East.
• Oud consumption volume in the Gulf
• With the finest types of oud.. This is how Eid is received in the Gulf
• Learn about the types of oud in the Gulf
• The easiest way to prepare incense at home
• Saudi scents: What are oud perfumes?
• Types of incense between natural and unnatural. How do you discover the difference?
• Incense entered the Arabian Peninsula
• The secret of incense and oud
• Oud... from the path of incense to the master of oriental perfumes
• Why is the oud used in the Gulf society?
• High quality Vietnamese Oud chips
• Oud and its impact on the perfume industry, especially in the Arabian Gulf
• Health Benefits Of Agarwood (Oud) Oil
• Feng Shui Agarwood attracts fortune and brings good luck to the family
• 6 ways to use pure Agarwood essential oil
• Agarwood - A fragrance created from heaven!
• Agarwood pieces. Introduction and instructions on how to burn Agarwood pieces
• 100% pure Agarwood powder and how to steam it?
• How to distinguish Muhassan Oud from the Natural Oud at first sight
• The difference between a natural and Muhassan Oud
• Al-Maroki Oud: Learn what the Al-Maroki Oud is and its best types
• Where can I buy real Agarwood in Vietnam?
• How Vietnam agarwood affirms the No.1 position worldwide
• Agarwood Chips Incense High Oil Rare Agarwood from Oud Vietnam Natural Agarwood Grade A
• Wholesale Vietnamese agarwood chips
• Go to the forest to find Agarwood
• What is sinking Agarwood (Oud)? Why is the submerged Agarwood bracelet so valuable?
• Misunderstandings and not fully understood about Agarwood(Oud) oil pressed
• Difficult journey to find Tram Huong
• AGARWOOD CHIPS FROM OUD VIETNAM HIGH QUALITY
• Agarwood Crassna – The special aquilaria tree in Asia
• The difference of enjoying bass in 4 Asian countries
• Agarwood (Oud) Carving. Meaning of Using it?
• How to make a simple Agarwood (Oud) cone
• Agarwood (Oud) – An Aroma Made in Heaven!
• The following species of Agarwood produce Agarwood
• Is the best Agarwood (oud) of the world in Vietnam?
• Frequent misunderstanding about oud (agarwood)
• Difficult journey to find agarwood in forest
• Can humans create billions of dong worth of Ky Nam?
• How to buy high quality agarwood incense?
• Benefits of Agarwood oil (Oud oil)
• How to choose Agarwood bracelet that matches feng shui
• The use of Agarwood in health of life and feng-shui
• Burning Agarwood (oud): The effect and meaning of a custom
• Agarwood (OUD) is one of nature's treasures
• Why Agarwood is a present from Mother Nature?
• Why Agarwood Is So Expensive?
• What's compound in agarwood (oud) oil?
• Agarwood/Oud incense stick materials – from 1005 natural ingredients